viernes, 14 de noviembre de 2008

Closer Moments



At the Rennaisance Hotel






Dan's lying on the bed in a robe.
ALICE: Shoe me the sneer.
ALICE: Beautiful!
DAN: You'll wake up the hotel.
Alice jumps on him.
ALICE: Fuck me.
DAN: Again? We have to get up at six.
ALICE: How can one man be
so endlessly disappointing?
DAN: That's my charm.
ALICE: Mmm.
DAN: So, where are we going?
ALICE: My treat.
DAN: Where are we going?
ALICE: My holiday surprise. My rules.
Dan starts tickling her,
and she laughs hysterically
DAN: Where are we going?
ALICE: New York! New York!
DAN: Oh, you angel.
DAN: You did remember to pack my passport.
ALICE: Of course. It's with my passport.
DAN: And where's that?
ALICE: In a place where you can't look.
No one sees my passport picture.
ALICE: Mmm..
when we get on the plane,
we'll have been together four years.
DAN: What about the gap?
ALICE: You mean trial separation?
It didn't work out. Happy anniversary.
DAN: I'm going to take my eyes out.
He gets up.
They start recalling
their first time together at the hospital.
DAN: What was in my sandwiches?
ALICE: Tuna.
ALICE: How many stiches did I get?
DAN: Two, but you should have had three.
DAN: What was your euphemism?
ALICE: "Disarming." Too easy, buster! Next?
DAN: That park, who'd I go there with?
ALICE: Your father.
ALICE: Were the chairs
in the hospital grey or blue?
DAN: No idea.
ALICE: Trick question. They were green.
DAN: You are a trick question.
ALICE: How come we never took a vacation?
DAN: We went to the country.
ALICE: Doesn't count.
You were off making sneaky
phone calls to that
witch we do not mention.
ALICE: Come to bed.
DAN: I need a smoke.
How'd you manage to give up?
ALICE: Deep inner strength.
He gets back on the bed.
DAN: Why me? You could
have chosen anyone. Why me?
ALICE: Because you cut off your crust.
He laughs and starts hissing her stomach.
ALICE: And this. Mmm.
DAN: When are you
going to stop stripping?
ALICE: Soon.
DAN: You're addicted to it.
ALICE: No I'm not. Paid for this.
DAN: Tell me what happened.
ALICE (playfully): Nothing happened.
DAN: He went to the club.
ALICE: Lots of men came to the club.
You came to the club.
(Flashback to the club,
with Alice dancing on a pole)
ALICE: The look on your face.
DAN: The look on your face.
DAN: What a face. What a wig.
DAN: I saw this face. This vision.
When you stepped into the ???.
It was the moment of my life.
ALICE: This is the moment of your life.
DAN: You were perfect.
ALICE: I still am.
DAN: On the way to the hospital,
I kissed your forehead.
ALICE: You brute.
DAN: The cabby saw me kissing you,
said, "Is she yours?"
DAN: I said, "Yes, she's mine."
She's mine.
DAN: So, he came to the club,
watched you strip.
You had a little chat, and that was it.
ALICE: Yes.
DAN: You're not trusting me.
I'm in love with you. You're safe.
You had every right, I just want to know.
ALICE: Why?
DAN: Because I want to know everything.
Because I'm a lunatic. Tell me.
ALICE: Nothing happened.
You were living with someone else.
DAN: What are you justifying?
ALICE: I'm just justifying anything.
I'm just saying.
DAN: What are you saying?
ALICE: I'm not saying anything.
DAN: I just want the truth.
ALICE: Where are you going?
DAN: Cigarettes.
ALICE: Everywhere is closed.
DAN: I'll go to the terminal.
When I get back, please tell me the truth.
ALICE: Why?
DAN: Because I'm adicted to it.
Because without it, we're animals.
Trust me.
Dan leaves. Alice looks conflicted.
---
Dan comes back down the hall,
steals a rose from outside another room.
He walks in and offers her the rose.
ALICE: I don't love you anymore.
DAN: Since when?
ALICE: Now. Just now. I don't want to lie.
Can't tell the truth, so it's over.
DAN: It doesn't matter. I love you.
None of it matters.
ALICE: Too late. I don't love you anymore. Goodbye.
ALICE: Here's the truth,
so now you can hate me.
Larry fucked me all night.
I enjoyed it. I came.
I prefer you. Now go.
DAN: I knew that. He told me.
ALICE: You knew?!
DAN: I needed to hear it from you.
ALICE: Why?
DAN: Because he might have been lying.
I had to hear it from you.
ALICE: I would never have told you,
because I know you
would have never forgived me.
DAN: I would. I have.
ALICE: Why did he tell you?
DAN: Because he's a bastard.
ALICE: How could he?
DAN: Because he wanted
this to happen.
ALICE (getting angry): But why test me?
DAN: Because I'm an idiot.
ALICE: Yes. I would have loved you...
forever. Now, please go.
DAN: Don't do this, Alice. Please,
talk to me.
ALICE: I am talking. Fuck off.
DAN: I'm sorry. You misunderstand!
I didn't mean to.
ALICE: Yes you did.
DAN: I love you!
ALICE: Where?!
DAN: What?!
ALICE: Show me! Where is this love? I...
I can't see it, I can't touch it.
I can't feel it. I can hear it.
I can hear some words, but
I can't do anything with your easy words.
Whatever you say is too late.
DAN: Please, don't do this!
ALICE: Done.
ALICE: Now, please go,
or I'll call security.
DAN: No, you're not in a strip club,
there is no security.
Alice picks up the phone.
He goes over and grabs it from her.
DAN: Why did you fuck him?
ALICE: I wanted to.
DAN: Why?
ALICE: I desired him.
DAN: Why?
ALICE: You weren't there!
DAN (getting upset): Why him?
ALICE: He asked me nicely.
DAN: You're a liar.
ALICE: So?
DAN (screaming): Who are you?!
ALICE (crying): I'm no one!
Alice spits in his face.
Dan thinks about hitting her,
and it's obvious.
ALICE: Go on, hit me.
It's what you want. Hit me, fucker.

Dan slaps her, hard.
---



No hay comentarios: